What is the G3 Conservation Corps?
WHO WE ARE
Guam Green Growth (G3) is an engine of innovation developing tangible solutions to sustainability challenges in our island region. Growing our skilled workforce is a solution to support the diversification of our island’s economy. The G3 Conservation Corps program prepares our community for the emerging green economy. G3 is recruiting twelve (12) corps members for a five (5) month workforce development program in sustainability.
G3 CONSERVATION CORPS ACTIVITIES
- Island Beautification
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
- Circular Economy and Recycling
- Invasive Species Removal
- Energy Efficiency
What is G3?
Aligned with the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the Guam Green Growth Initiative cultivates an ecosystem for transformative action to achieve a sustainable, prosperous, and equitable future for our island. The University of Guam facilitates the island-wide initiative in cooperation with the Office of the Governor of Guam and the 99 members of the G3 Working Group representing all sectors of our society.
G3 Conservation Corps is Regenerative Thriving Resilient Enduring Nourishing
G3 Conservation Corps Benefits, Eligibility, and Application
Conservation CorpS Benefits
- Applicants selected to participate in the G3 Conservation Corps will work for five (5) months from June 2021 to November 2021.
- Applicants selected to participate will receive a bi-weekly stipend of $1,300.
- Applicants selected to participate will receive workforce training aligned with the emerging green economy.
- Applicants selected may also be applicable to receive Continuing Education Unit’s or CEUs.
- Applicants must be able to commit forty (40) hours per week for the duration of the five (5) month program.
- Must be 18+ Years or Older.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, National, or Legal Resident (including COFA).
- Must be team-oriented, reliable, and passionate about sustainability.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from work.
How to Apply
- Prospective applicants may access the application form below.
- Any questions or document submissions may be directed to G3ConservationCorps@triton.uog.edu
- Deadline to apply is May 29, 2021.