G3 Conservation Corps
Guam Green Growth is an engine of innovation developing tangible solutions to sustainability challenges in our island region. Growing our skilled workforce is a solution to support the diversification of our island’s economy.
The G3 Conservation Corps program prepares our community for the emerging green economy. G3 is recruiting 12 corps members for a 5-month workforce development program in sustainability.
LESSONS & ACTIVITIES
- Agriculture and Aquaculture
- Circular Economy and Zero Waste
- Ocean Conservation
- Invasive Species Management
- Energy Conservation and Renewable Energy
- Watershed Restoration and Reforestation
- Island Beautification
G3CC members can receive one CEU (Continuing Education Unit) for every 10 hours worked (up to 80 CEUs for the 5 months). Conservation Corps Leaders will receive up to $1,300 every two weeks and Conservation Corps Supervisors will receive up to $1,500 every two weeks.
- Must be able to fully commit to a full-time 40-hour per week program for 5 months (February – July 2023). G3 Conservation Corps members must work together following a weekly schedule that is typically Monday-Friday, 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. During some weeks, the schedule will include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, National, or Legal Resident (including COFA)
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the University of Guam campus
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more unassisted
- Must be able to work outdoors in the sun and inclement weather, hike over uneven terrain unassisted, and perform physical/laborious tasks for several hours at a time
Upon selection, submit police and court clearances, purified protein derivative (PPD) skin test results, proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, and a physical examination form signed by a certified medical provider.
WHAT IS G3?
Aligned with the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, the Guam Green Growth (G3) Initiative cultivates an ecosystem for transformative action to achieve a sustainable, prosperous, and equitable future for our island. The University of Guam facilitates the island-wide initiative in cooperation with the Office of the Governor of Guam and the 99 members of the G3 Working Group representing all sectors of our society.
Guam Green Growth Conservation Corps Updates:
RECAP: Guam Green Growth Conservation Corps week fourteen and fifteen PLUG IT IN: Guam Green Growth Conservation Corps member Jackie Jones works to re-wire a
RECAP: Guam Green Growth Conservation Corps week thirteen OUT IN THE FIELD: Kiko Palacios takes the team on a tour of GCC as he taught
Guam Green Growth Beautification Recap: Santa Rita Si Yu’os ma’åse to Mayor Alvarez and his team in Santa Rita for hosting us while we picked
Recap: Guam Green Growth Conservation Corps week twelve WEEK IN REVIEW: WEEK 12 It was harvest week for the Guam Green Growth Conservation Corps! On the