G3 Art Corps
Guam Green Growth is an engine of innovation developing tangible solutions to sustainability challenges in our island region.
The Guam Green Growth Art Corps looks to tap into the community of creatives and artists, who can tell visually stimulating stories that spark the fire for future generations.
The Art Corps is recruiting 8 members for a 4-month program, which will lead to the painting of murals throughout our island with the theme of sustainability.
LESSONS & ACTIVITIES
- Murals 101
- Place-Based Visual Storytelling
- Career in the Arts
- The Community of Art
- Conversation of & with the Pacific
G3 Art Corps members will:
- receive up to $4,000 for attendance of 14-Day sessions and the design and completion of one (1) mural between the months of March 2023 – June 2023 as assigned
- Must be able to fully commit to 14 days of workshops (between March 2023 – June 2023) and to completing a mural by June 2023
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be a U.S. Citizen, National, or Legal Resident (including COFA)
- Must have reliable transportation to and from the G3 Circular Economy Makerspace & Innovation Resource House at CHamoru Village, and mural site
- Must be in good physical condition
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. or more unassisted
- Must be able to work outdoors in the sun, at night, and in inclement weather, hike over uneven terrain unassisted, and perform physical/laborious tasks for several hours at a time
- Upon selection, submit police and court clearances, purified protein derivative (PPD) skin test results, and a physical examination form signed by a certified medical provider
This project is made possible through funding administered by the US Department of Education CARES Act utilizing Education Stabilization Funds (ESF) [Project Award S425H210004].
The UOG Center for Island Sustainability was awarded $840,311.00 for the Guam Green Growth Education and G3 Circular Economy Makerspace and Innovation Hub program as part of the Governor’s Education Assistance and Youth Empowerment Grant Program.
The Guam Green Growth (G3) initiative and the University of Guam launched their inaugural Art Corps program at the G3 Makerspace and Innovation Hub. The